Cold Urticaria is considered another form of hives and affects many individuals. It’s important to realize their are various forms of urticaria or hives like cholinergic urticaria, aquagenic urticaria, papular urticaria that are triggered by different factors and we’ve tried our best to give you a solid understanding of these forms of hives on this website to help you. If you need real expert advice and help then we recommend you visit the site below.
Cold urticaria is a condition that may not be considered serious, but it can cause irritation and inconvenience for you if you do suffer from it. It takes place due to cold temperature, drinking of cold beverages or exposure to cold things. In order to prevent this skin condition to occur, it is necessary that you try to avoid things associated with cold.
So, how do you know if you are suffering from cold urticaria? The best way to diagnose this skin condition is through the application of an ice cube test. This test is most widely used for the diagnosis of cold urticaria. As soon as you have undergone the test, you can get fast results and see if you have been infected with this skin problem. When you are able to determine the problem, you can easily prevent the condition by avoiding some things.
It is also necessary to be aware of the various causes of the cold urticaria so that it can be easier to manage your skin condition. The following are causes of cold hives:
Cold Urticaria – What Causes It?
• Cold temperature or weather- Exposing your body to cold temperatures even just for a short time could trigger cold hives.
• Cold food items and beverages- Cold food and drinks such as smoothies, shakes and ice cream may affect the gums and tongue that could lead to the occurrence of cold urticaria. The primary symptom would be the swelling of tissues.
• Contact with cold surfaces- When you lose body temperature through conduction, you may become susceptible to cold hives. Try to avoid body contact with cold surfaces like floors or walls.
• Swimming or taking a bath in cold water- When you take a cold bath your body temperature can be affected even your heart rate can increase. This could result to cold urticaria and hypertension.
The best treatment for Cold Urticaria is prevention. There are various prevention tips that you can apply so that you can stop the occurrence of this irritating and painful skin condition. Check out some of these useful tips that you can apply in order to prevent this problem from happening to you:
Cold Urticaria – Prevention Tips
• Avoid the cold weather- It is advised to stay away from extreme cold temperatures because this could easily trigger cold urticaria. During winter season, it is recommended to stay inside your house and keep your body comfortable and warm. It is also helpful to wear winter outfits to keep your body protected against the harsh and cold weather.
• Stay away from eating and drinking cold drinks and food- Ice cream and very cold beverages can also cause hives, which can be very irritating and could cause skin infection. Many sufferers can experience cold uriticaria because of consuming too much cold food and drinks. When you observe that cold urticaria is developing, ensure that you are not to consuming too many of these cold things. Make a note of what affects you in case you forget. Keeping a small diary close by can be handy.
• Do not take a cold shower or bath- This skin allergy can easily take place on sufferers when you take a cold shower or bath. It is best advised to take a warm bath instead of a very cold shower, even during summer or hot conditions. It is much relaxing for the body to take a warm bath, as compared with a very cold bath which can be risky.
• Avoid swimming in a cold water pool- During summer, the pool is warm and very comfortable to swim in, but during winter season, the swimming pool can be extremely cold. Sometimes, people do have an urge to go swimming even during the cold season, but it is not advised most especially if you are suffering from cold urticaria.
These are some of the prevention tips that you can try, in order to prevent the occurrence of cold induced urticaria. These tips are very easy and simple to apply and they are certainly helpful in managing the said skin condition. When the problem is not prevented, there are treatments that can be applied to help alleviate the condition.
The best treatments for cold hives are homeopathic remedies because they are natural, safe and effective. They are commonly found and applied at home, so they are considered the most practical treatments to overcome cold urticaria.
Cold Urticaria – Natural Remedies
Here are some of the natural treatments that can be applied when you experience severe symptoms of cold urticaria:
• Warm water or bath- The rash and red spots can be treated with warm water. Simply apply a warm compress or heating pad to the affected areas of the skin. A warm and relaxing bath could also help alleviate the itchiness and pain caused by the symptoms of cold urticaria.
• Wear layered clothes during unpredictable weather conditions, especially during cold season. This could protect your entire body from the harsh cold weather and extra layers of clothing can be easily removed when the weather starts to warm up.
• Apply aloe vera- Aloe vera is a herbal plant that provides a lot of benefits to people. It is also believed to be an effective remedy for cold hives because of its healing properties. Aloe vera extract can be applied to the affected skin and soothe the itchy cold hives. Aloe vera is such a versatile plant and is used worldwide to treat many conditions.
• Consume green tea- Consuming of green tea in moderate amounts can help overcome cold urticaria because it contains natural antixodants. This could help you with the swelling of the cold hives.
• Engage in relaxation therapies- Tension and stress can worsen the condition, so it is recommended to engage with relaxation therapies at home. Try to listen to relaxing music and take some good rest at home or take up a hobby that ultimately relaxes you, for example, reading or playing a musical instrument. This could help alleviate the pain and discomfort these symptoms could cause.
• Complete Solution- As a 100% Natural solution we recommend Dr Levin’s natural treatment program. The program focuses on a healthy natural drink and a special vitamin diet.
It’s explained in a easy to understand format and is very detailed in that it’s based on his own research and very thorough 30 year knowledge of treating patients with cold urticaria and hives. To find out more click the link below for “natural treatment”.
These are just some of the home remedies and suggestions you can apply in order to treat your cold urticaria problem. There are medications that many doctors could recommend, but it would be best if you made the effort to try natural treatments because they are much safer and natural.
However, if your cold urticaria condition does become severe, make sure you seek help from your physician for an appropriate diagnosis and treatment.
Please remember each individual has his own and unique biological chemistry therefore any remedy that you do apply for cold urticaria will depend on your own circumstances.
All the videos on this site are strictly for educational purposes only. They are a not a substitute for diagnosis, medical advice or proper medical attention. You should always consult a fully trained and qualified health care professional.